: Peter Klinge, Jr., Regional Managing Principal - Salt Lake City Industry
: Mineral Exploration Revenue
: 2008 estimated $2Billion + Public Location
: Salt Lake City, UT Client Background:
The company is a worldwide leader in drilling services and products to the mining, construction, and environmental sectors. Business Situation:
- Significant challenges associated with managing up and down cycles of mineral commodity sectors.
- Macro economic situation of significant growth cycle coincides with corporate transformation from subsidiary to independently traded public company
- Business strategy, process, and cultural changes necessary for successful transition to improved customer management focus.
- Client company requested OneAccord focus on two main areas:
- U.S. product store strategy
- Key worldwide account development
- Significant to both areas; necessary: both were necessary
- How helped: focus strategic priorities:
- Product & Service
- Transform sales organization from transactional to relational account management approach
- Key idea was to justify the company's margin of value to customers by: Its commitment to help customers with products and service availability to address their needs and pain issues over extended relationships in different cycles.
Working with the CEO and senior management OneAccord's work included:
- Products distribution and retail business strategy
- Strategic roll out plan
- Creation of outlet operations manager manual
- Customer insights development to ascertain need requirements of global customers
- Development of company's value proposition approach to selling higher value solutions to top customers
- Worldwide sales development workshops for the products sales organizations to nurture account management approach
- Customer problem solutions and relational sales
- Built long term account plans and sales deals
- Core metrics
- Greater account management focus with higher revenue & margin value
- Re-energized sales organization motivation for improved customer relationship selling
- Revenue gains from 2005 to 2008 exceeded 25% to nearly $2B. This revenue achievement is a 5x increase over 2000.