Business Development Starts With Leading
No NFL team has ever won a Super Bowl without a coach. No country has ever won a war without a commander. No person has ever reached the top of Mt. Everest without a guide.
Have you ever wondered the real reason why companies don't grow? Most people think that it is a problem with awareness or not defining a clear value proposition or any other issue that are traditionally marketing or sales focused. The reality is not one of strategies or tactics, but one of leadership. The primary culprit in moving sales forward is most often one of leadership.
A good leader will be the difference between 'trying' and 'succeeding'. A good leader is one that sees the growth process clearly and clears the way for others to make it happen. They will follow the five simple steps over and over again until the goals are reached.
- Define desired outcomes - the more clearly defined the better
- Establish current state of the situation - what are the realities and the gaps
- Determine the issues and solutions to resolve those issues
- Clear the way for taking action and make sure they are fulfilled
- Provide feedback, encouragement and support
A great leader recognizes the value of each of these steps and ensures their completion.
How could you see these 5 steps positioning you from 'trying' to 'suceeding'?